Ball Chair was designed by Eero Aarnio in 1963 and presented at the International Furniture Fair in Cologne in 1966, and it became Aarnio's international breakthrough. Eero Aarnio's favourite materials is fibreglass, which gives the chair a free, elastic shape. The round shell of the Ball Chair is simple yet ingenious, and has often been referred to as a "room in a room".
Ball Chair is one of the best-known classics of Finnish design, even though its modernist, futuristic design differs from the natural and minimalist Scandinavian design traditions. Ball Chair can be found in the collections of design museums around the world, and during the decades it has been featured in numerous movies, music videos and magazine covers.
Material & Feature:
- Moulded fibreglass shell with a shiny finish, available in colour white or black
- Cast aluminium base resistant to chipping and flaking
- Seat & back cushions filled with high resiliency foam with feather-down wrap
- Fabric upholstery (C.O.M available)
- 360-degree swivel
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby Friendly)
- Width: 40.6" x Depth: 34.6" x Height: 48.4"
- Seat Height: 14.2"
* All measurements are approximations.