Though Finn Juhl designed the Pelican Chair in 1940, its graceful curves are arresting even by today's standards. Inspired by modern art and sculpture, the chair exhibits an organic shape with a human character, evidenced in the welcoming embrace of the seatback.
Critics dismissed the design when it was first introduced, but the Pelican Chair has become iconic not just of Finn Juhl's body of work, but also of Danish design as a whole. The upholstery is hand-sewn to the frame and comes available in a variety of fabrics and leathers ranging from subdued to bold hues.
Material & Feature:
- Moulded fibreglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric upholstery with a button (C.O.M available)
- High elasticity dacron-wrapped foam with genuine down feather layer
- Solid wood legs with walnut or natural oak finish
- All materials are fire-resistant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Width:33.6" x Depth:29.9" x Height:26.8"
- Seat Height: 14.6"
* All measurements are approximations.